In this program, participants will learn the fundamentals of fiber optic technology, application and components. Participants will learn how to identify different fiber types, recognize various connectors used in fiber installation. This program is non-vendor specific. No prior knowledge or experience with fiber optic is required for participation.
This program will also train participants to observe safety in handling fiber optic cable and how to properly and safely prepare cables for termination to fiber connectors and splicing of fiber optic cables.
Participants will have exposure to installation methodologies, various types of tools, equipments and testers used to trace, test and troubleshoot installed fiber optic cable plants. Various connectorization and splicing methods will also be taught.
Who Should Attend
Operations & maintenance personnel, plant & facility managers, M&E consultants & contractors, fire/safety officers, etc within various industries: marine & offshore, oil & gas, petrochemical, building & construction, automotive, civil defense, insurance (risk asset management), energy/power generation, security & surveillance.
- Unit 1 : Introduction to FOA
- Unit 2 : Fiber Optic Technology
- Unit 3 : Jargons used in Fiber Optics
- Unit 4 : Fiber Optic Safety
- Unit 5 : Optical Fiber and Fiber Optic Cables
- Unit 6 : Fiber Connectors and Splices
- Unit 7 : Fiber Optics Design and Installation
- Unit 8 : Fiber Optic TestingDatums: Theory-to-Reality
Course Duration (Days)
CFOT Certificate issued by FOA
Completion certificate issued by 100G