Hazardous Areas 2-Day Comp 'EX'
HAZARDOUS AREAS 2-DAY COMP‘EX’ REFRESHER COURSE
Course Length (Days)
Practical Content (%)
Theoretical Content (%)
This course is intended to refresh and/or update the knowledge and skills of technicians in the above area. This will include training and assessment which, upon satisfactory completion, will provide evidence of updating of the course competencies for those personnel who have previously satisfactorily completed the corresponding module(s) EX01, EX02, EX03, and EX04 of the main Hazardous Areas 5-Day Comp’Ex’ Competence Based course.
- Revision of the Installation of Electrical Apparatus in Hazardous Areas (other than mines) will be updated for the Selection, Inspection and Maintenance of equipment for Explosive Gas Atmospheres to the current BS EN and IEC Standards
- The course will consider the Properties of Flammable Materials and update the current IEC/BS EN 600 Series of Standards 60079-10; 60079-14 and 60079-17.
- Competency assessment will be provided in the form of projects, reports and multi-matrix questions to cover updates in Installation Practices and Inspections for Power and Intrinsic Safety. Compliance with IEC/BS EN 60079-14 and Inspections
to IEC/BS EN 60079-17 for Power and Intrinsic Safety is an essential element of the course.
- Zoning, installation and inspection to BS EN 60079-10; 60079-14; 60079-17 standards selection of apparatus, certification and updates in labelling
- Electrical protection in reference to explosion protected apparatus and circuits
- Wiring systems and cable glanding
- Requirements for protection EEx‘d’; EEx‘e’; EEx’n’ or N; EEx’i’a; EEx’l’b; EEx’p’ and hybrid variations
- Other protection methods Ex’S’; EEx’m’; EEx’o’ and EEx’q’
- Earthing practices for power and intrinsic safety
- Inspection schedules for protection methods EEx’d’; EEx’e’; EEx’n’ or N; EEx’i’a; EEx’i’b, EEx’p’
- Initial, periodical and sampling types of inspection and their practical significance
- Preparation and the use of inspection, maintenance and IEC schedules.
Teaching aids, apparatus, slides, videos, practical demonstrations, international competency projects and multi-matrix questions.
Comp’EX’ - Certificate in Competence for pre-registered candidates.
Minimum Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 17:00
28B Penjuru Close, #01-06, Singapore 609130
Delegates are required to supply their own personal protective safety equipment.
Dates and prices
Please check with course administrator.
Note to Clients: Non-registered candidates will be awarded certification on satisfactory completion of course.